Now Hiring Baristas in Phoenix!
We're on the lookout for baristas in Phoenix and Scottsdale. If you're passionate about great hospitality through coffee, we want to talk. This role enjoys coffee perks and paid time off. Send us your resume and a little bit about yourself over to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Barista your day to day includes interacting with diverse groups of people from all all walks of life. Fine tuning the craft of specialty coffee while working in a fast paced and creative environment. Hands on training involving coffee sourcing, brewing and latte art.
- Prepares and serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, or teas.
- Describes menu items and offerings to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them. Educates customers on the company’s brew methods, whole bean coffee, and company philosophy.
- Responsibly and accurately takes customer payment, gives change and reconciles cash drawer at the end of their shift. Depending on location, may be required to check for proper ID for alcohol purchases.
- Stocks products and supplies. Maintains neat and orderly displays of coffee and other retail items. Maintains inventory. May assist in placing orders.
- Provides outstanding customer service by engaging customers, answering their questions and handling each transaction efficiently.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Cleans service counter, seating areas and bathrooms.
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required. Responsible for staying abreast of all company locations and offerings.
- May perform store opening or closing procedures.
- Participates in community outreach and involvement activities.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Retail, food service or general customer service experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Basic knowledge of math
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- This job operates in a coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
This job description is not intended to be a fixed or complete list of duties and responsibilities. This position may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Send your resume and and a little bit about yourself to email@example.com