Now Hiring: Baristas!
We're on the lookout for baristas for our Sky Harbor Location. If you're passionate about great hospitality through coffee, we want to talk. This role enjoys coffee perks and paid time off. Send us your resume and a little bit about yourself over to email@example.com
As a Barista your day to day includes interacting with diverse groups of people from all walks of life. Fine tuning the craft of specialty coffee while working in a fast paced and creative environment. Hands on training involving coffee sourcing, brewing and latte art.
- Prepares and serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, or teas.
- Describes menu items and offerings to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them.
- Educates customers on the company’s brew methods, whole bean coffee, and company philosophy.
- Responsibly and accurately takes customer payment, gives change and reconciles cash drawer at the end of their shift.
- Stocks products and supplies. Maintains neat and orderly displays of coffee and other retail items.
- Maintains inventory and assists in placing orders.
- Provides outstanding customer service by engaging customers, answering their questions and handling each transaction efficiently.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, equipment, service counters, seating areas and bathrooms.
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required.
- Responsible for staying up to date on all company offerings and locations.
- Performs store opening or closing procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Retail, food service or general customer service experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Basic knowledge of math.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiate with others.
- This job operates in a coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Roasting Co. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume and and a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.